INCI name: MIMOSA TENUIFLORA BARK EXTRACT
The mimosa tenuiflora is a perennial tree or shrub with fragrant flowers. It is native to Brazil, Mexico, Panama and Venezuela. The bark and the leaf are of cosmetic importance.
From the bark of the shrub native to the valley of Cintalapa in the state of Chiapas in southern Mexico (also known as “Tepescohuite” by the locals) can be obtained an extract that has interesting properties for cosmetics.
Effect of Mimosa Tenuiflora Bark Extract
The mimosa tenuiflora extracts from its leaves and bark are rich in bioflavonoids, tannins, alkaloids, lipids, phytosterols, and contains various minerals such as zinc, iron, copper, manganese, magnesium, etc.
- skin protection, wound healing and cell regenerating properties.
- analgesic, antibiotic, antiseptic, astringent.
- inhibition of free radical activity
- protection of hyaluronic acid in connective tissue
- stimulation of cell division
- improvement of blood circulation
Extracts of mimosa are used especially in preparations for oily, blemished skin.